Head of Sales
Brass is building a new kind of company to support local businesses and business people. Our goal is to help everyone in their pursuit of economic freedom. We are new and rethinking for better everything so we can make life simpler, better for business people. To do this correctly, we need to have the best people and support them to do their best work.
This has to be deliberate, in fact and we are thus, looking for a smart person to lead our Growth team in generating revenue for Brass.
Your role will focus on building the revenue operations structure, processes, and capabilities across all commercial units within Brass.
You will report directly to the CEO and will be responsible for creating and leveraging the right partnerships to ensure successful business opportunities and revenue generation.
You will define, articulate and implements Brass’s selling strategy to ensure consistent profitability.
You will build, motivate and ensure a highly effective team of sales professionals.
- Define the approach for the overall sale of new business and account retention.
- Collaborate with members of the Communications team to penetrate key markets.
- Develop a comprehensive sales and distribution strategy to maximise sales opportunities.
- Direct the Sales team in generating proposals that define a clear path to client satisfaction and revenue growth.
- Foster relationships with new partners to achieve desired revenue. Influence senior stakeholders within customers’ organisations and premier buyers in the industry.
- Leverage innovations to maximise revenue of traditional and digital assets and products.
- Monitor changes in the industry and leverage them for business opportunities.
- Participate in forums to keep abreast of new changes in the industry and practices.
- Responsible for preparing bid documents and integrated proposals for key accounts.
- Develop sales incentive structure and key performance indicators to help monitor targets.
- Collaborative with Customer Success team based on customer and industry feedback.
- Recommend changes in pricing structures in product lines or products.
- Review sales performance by analysing performance reports.
- You are passionate about innovation, and what we are doing here at Brass excites you!
- You have either a Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) from a reputable institution. An MBA or Masters Degree in a Business-related course is an advantage.
- You have 5 to 7 years of work experience in business development, sales or account management for medium-sized to large companies. Experience in Fintech is a plus.
- You have at least 5 years of experience leading sales teams and surpassing sales targets.
- You have a passion for Technology and a good track record in selling high-tech products and solutions.
- You have business acumen: You deeply understand business fundamentals, potential growth and cost drivers, and can translate complex information into actionable operational plans in the context of driving business performance.
- You are impact-driven and persistent: Motivated by moving the needle meaningfully, especially during times when it requires persistence and courage.
- You are analytical: Ability to closely examine and identify relevant information, and earn the respect of both leaders and operational teams by translating insights into clear, sizable operational plans.
- Operational excellence: You have a keen eye for detail and an exceptionally high bar for accuracy and quality. Similarly you hold your team to that level of standards.
- Integrity and trustworthiness
- A professional who is also entrepreneurial, and has a client-minded focus.
- Has superb written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to draft engaging and impactful messages for inspiring employees and investors